BEGINNER or NOVICE LESSONS, private or small-group are available year-round for all ages, children, adults and seniors. Whether you have never ridden before or need a refresher course, anyone, 5 to 75, can learn to ride and our novice lessons will get you off to a solid start with the basics. You will learn:
- How to be safe and have confidence around horses
- How to put a saddle on, then lead-line & walk a horse
- Learn the correct riding position; use the ramp & block to mount
- Mount, post, ride at the walk, trot & begin to canter; learn to back-up
- You will get familiar with horse equipment and barn routines,
- Groom, curry, comb, feed and care for a horse.
- Visit a tack shop to see proper “English Show Dress”
- Watch a Veterinarian, and/or Farrier visit the barn
Please call Maryanne at (561) 358-5539 (Not 516) for details or questions.
There are no refunds for missed lessons. Make-up lessons may be arranged on a case-by-case basis.
– An approved helmet with chin-strap
– Hard-soled, closed-toe shoes or boots with a heel
– Long non-slippery pants or jeans
– Dress warmly & wear gloves if weather is cold or wet.
Note: (We have a limited supply of approved helmets).